Account Manager (Spain)
The organizationMarel is an international supplier of integrated systems, products and services for the fish, meat and poultry industry. Our tagline is Advancing food processing. That’s at the heart of everything we do. We want to push food processing further. We want to make it better. That is our passion.
Some 4600 employees work worldwide for Marel supporting the Poultry, Further Processing, Fish and Meat industries. Unity, Innovation and Excellence are the values which characterize our company.
The functionAs Account Manager you are responsible for reaching the commercial targets within the Spain FP market. You are working with and support Area Sales Managers, Product Sales Specialists and the back office Sales in determining the real customer need and developing and selling solutions, and ensure correct commercial progress reporting.
Your responsibilities are:
- Establishing and implementing a local structural market plan, aimed at targeting and maintaining contacts with customers and associates. Aim of this role is to drive the sales; justify their value and to increase our market share year on year, while meeting our customers’ requirements.
- Building deep customer knowledge and maintaining contacts with customers and associates
- Identifying and implementing 'operational sales plans' annually and achieving the objectives in terms of sales and margins.
- Responsible for the coordination of the sales process to the internal organization and the external customer.
- You have a bachelor degree within a technical area (preferably mechanical engineering).
- After your studies, you have been working 1-5 years in a capital goods sales environment and you have the ambition to develop yourself further as a sales professional within a 1st class market leading company.
- Ideally, you have experience in selling equipment for the food sector, but this is not a must.
- As a person, you are result driven, service orientated with an entrepreneurial drive. You have excellent communication skills and you are able to persuade others & negotiate to reach agreement
- You speak, write and understand Spanish and English. You will work out of Boxmeer however you are willing to travel circa 70% of your time within Spain.