Area Sales Manager Scandinavia
The organizationMarel is an international supplier of integrated systems, products and services for the Fish, Meat and Poultry industry. Our tagline is Advancing Food Processing. That is the heart of everything we do. We want to push food processing further. We want to make it better. That is our passion.
Some 4600 employees work worldwide for Marel supporting the Poultry, Further Processing, Fish and Meat industries. Unity, Innovation and Excellence are the values which characterize our company.
Marel Meat (Primary Processing)
Marel Meat is a global provider of automated slaughter lines for pigs, cattle and sheep, cutting and deboning lines. Marel Meat works in close collaboration with customers in the development, installation and commissioning of slaughter lines. Currently the challenge for the meat industry is to use production technology that meets the increasing demands of the customers, but also satisfies all regulations concerning hygiene and food safety.
The functionYour passion for developing sales efforts in order to expand incremental revenue and achieve profitable volume growth has helped you establish a proven track record of securing projects by closing deals. As Area Sales Manager you will have the responsibility to grow the Red Meat Slaughtering business in Scandinavia and you will report to the Business Unit Manager – Meat Primary Processing in the Netherlands.
- Achieving assigned sales objectives with assistance from our technical staff in preparing tenders and specifications.
- Generate new business and maximise existing accounts.
- Co-ordinating additional commercial activities such as promotion, building and maintaining a network and acquisition.
- Analyse, register and guard crucial information on outstanding offers (prices, competition, decision time).
- Frequent communication with clients, prospects, colleagues and other business partners.
- Bachelor or master degree within a technical area (preferably mechanical engineering).
- Professional background in the food or process technology.
- Experience with complex sales cycles with large bid & proposal management.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- As a person, you are result driven, down to earth, pragmatic, energetic and sharp.
- Able to work independently with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Be prepared to travel on a regular bases (50%).
We offerMarel offers you plenty of space to develop yourself (internationally). The informal atmosphere gives you the opportunity to take responsibility and show initiative. You will of course be supported and supervised by the organization. Salary will depend on knowledge and experience. At Marel the challenges are there for the taking!
Contact information/ The procedureDo you recognize yourself in the person? If so, press the “apply” button.
For more information on the position you can contact our HR manager Industry Meat, Jacqueline Bussink (telephone +31 544 390500), or e-mail: Jacqueline.Bussink@marel.com