Gainesville, Georgia, United States of America|
The organizationMarel is the leading global provider of advanced processing systems and services to the Poultry, Meat and Fish industries. Marel’s state-of-the-art equipment and systems help food processors of all sizes, in all markets, to operate at peak productivity. With around 4,600 employees worldwide, Marel is in a unique position to serve its customers wherever they may be located.
At its modern plant in Gainesville, Georgia the operating company Marel focuses on the design, production and installation of production systems for the poultry processing industry. As the world market leader, the organization is constantly looking for opportunities to increase the productivity of its customers, within the bounds of quality and innovation. In addition to offices in Gardabaer (IS), Boxmeer (NL) and Gainesville (Georgia, USA), the organization has a strong regional representation in a large number of countries.
The functionMajor responsibilities:
Perform assembly functions at an individual workstation to produce equipment and sub assemblies. Read and interpret assembly drawings. This position requires communication with other departments within the company, such as Quality, Design, Manufacturing, and Sales Engineering.
- Perform various non-repetitive mechanical assembly functions using hand or power tools
- Build machines and sub assemblies according to design requirements and customer specifications
- Operate any equipment needed to perform the job, including various presses and material handling equipment
- Inspect, test, and complete a quality checklist to ensure that customer expectations are met or exceeded
- Identify and report defective materials or quality concerns to Department Manager or Quality representative
- Participate in the scheduling of work to ensure that all tasks are completed according to the dispatch list to meet shipping schedules
- Provide training and instruction to inexperienced personnel
- Document problems and suggest improvements, acting to improve timeliness or reduce costs
- May require assembly of a complete system and test running equipment with product
- Complete Product Improvement Process forms to document problems
- Some travel may be required from time to time to assist the Service department or R&D with customer installations or rebuilds
- Cross-train to work on different equipment and in other areas of the shop, as needed
- Participate in Department training and meetings as appropriate
- Know and follow the company procedure manual and safety rules
- Any other activities deemed necessary by the department manager
RequirementsSpecific skills and/or experience required for position:
- High school diploma or GED
- Strong mechanical ability and manual hand dexterity
- Ability to read and interpret assembly drawings and electrical schematics/wiring diagrams
- Sit-down forklift experience
- Previous experience with hydraulics and pneumatics is a plus
- The ability to work with co-workers, customers, and vendors in a courteous and tactful manner to resolve problems
- The ability to concentrate, handle pressure, meet deadlines, and pay attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and communication skills required
- A motivated, self-starter with the ability to follow directions and complete assignments with minimal supervision.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Maintain professional demeanor and a positive attitude under stress
We offerPhysical Demands:
A 40-hour work week is expected, with additional overtime hours required based on workload. This position requires some standing, sitting, bending, twisting, squatting, stooping, climbing, and reaching overhead. This position requires constant lifting of 10-20lbs, with occasional lifting up to 75lbs. It requires manual dexterity, and normal range of hearing and vision.
Typical mental demands:
Must be able to analyze many variables and choose the most effective course of action given the particular situation. Must be able to resolve problems, handle conflict, and make effective decisions under pressure.
Work in a shop setting. The area is temperature controlled. Noise levels vary depending on equipment assembling, but can be loud at times. Minimal travel required, less than 25%.
Contact information/ The procedureApril Bowins
P. O. Box 1258
Gainesville, GA 30503