Global Quality Lead
The organizationMarel is the leading global provider of advanced processing systems and services to the Poultry, Meat and Fish industries. In partnership with our customers we are transforming the way food is processed. Our vision is a world where quality food is produced sustainably and affordably. Our state-of-the-art equipment and systems help food processors of all sizes, in all markets, to operate at peak productivity. Our team is comprised of approximately 4,600 employees worldwide, offices and subsidiaries in 30 countries across six continents, and a network of more than 100 agents and distributors.
For our Global Supply Chain Organization, we are looking forward to meet you as our new:
Global Quality Lead
The functionAs our Global Quality Lead you are the functional leader for all our global supply chain quality processes. In the scope of the global quality processes are: supplier quality assurance (SQA), quality assurance (QA), quality control (QC) e.g. metrology, Cost of Non Quality (CONQ) reporting, Quality systems (QS) and process auditing. Today, the global supply chain organization operates in a complex environment consisting of 11 manufacturing centers each with a warehouse. The external supply base is very diverse with around 4500 active suppliers. The performance of our assembly and test operations highly depends on the quality of parts as supplied. The supply chain organization interacts with 22 innovation teams, 4 service teams and 3 Industries. Quality processes involve interfacing with all of these teams. The global supply chain quality processes are not yet set up structurally, so one of your first tasks as our Global Quality Lead is to structurally set up these up. Marel has about 25-30 quality engineers across our global manufacturing locations (mainly Europe and America’s based).
Most improvements within the Supply Chain of Marel are related to: Parts dynamics, our Diverse supplier base, Product documentation and standardization, Complex decision making, Governance Structure, End to End Process alignment and scaling to prepare for our Ambition for growth.
As our Global Quality Lead you are part of the Global Supply Chain Excellence team, organized under the Executive VP Global Supply Chain. You report hierarchically and functionally to the Global Supply Chain Excellence Director and you have a direct working relationship with the CPO as well as the Global manufacturing Director. You are operationally member of the Procurement leadership team as well as the Global manufacturing leadership team.
Key areas of responsibility:
• Overall responsible to Build the capability of the organization and to deliver the right quality of our products and systems
• Identify areas of opportunity, and drive process improvement across the global supply chain. Develop group wide quality processes, KPI’s & tools
• Functionally lead the local quality teams and quality functions in the supply chain
• Responsible for Supplier Qualification & Development and Supplier Quality management
• Define / review suppliers mandatory requirements
• Responsible for Supplier Quality Assurance:
• Drive APQP and “0 Defect” with key suppliers / technologies
• Monitor, develop and improve suppliers’ performance on quality
• Define and monitor site improvement action plans for quality
• Develop claim management
• Develop, maintain and improve the global Supply Chain Quality System
• Maintain global responsibility for defining methods on Continuous Improvement including Corrective Actions
• Across the Order to Cash process, develop, update, and maintain strategies and methodologies for business process excellence/continuous improvement as well as providing strategic direction and expertise
• Set up a global supply chain audit process and lead or participate on major audits
• Develop a quality roadmap in cooperation with major stakeholders across the company and define programs for implementation
RequirementsTo be successful in this challenging position, you need to recognize yourself in the following profile:
• Master’s Degree in Business, Technical, MBA or equivalent
• Solid background and track record within Quality in an international Manufacturing Management environment (10+ years) in capital goods or Machine engineering, development & building/assembly
• 10+ Years of experience in Lean Six Sigma in a technology environment with proven knowledge of and experience with methods such as Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen events, 8D
• Deep knowledge typical of large company background yet comfortable with hands on management in a smaller company
• Specialized Manufacturing /Production Technology courses are preferable
• Experienced to functionally lead international teams (simultaneously) and able to work in a multi-cultural environment
As a person, your strengths are:
• Strong organizational skills and an excellent communicator to engage globally defined processes and methods across the organization
• Ability to evolve with a rapidly changing environment
• Consultancy skills, trusted advisor
• Reliable, transparent and clear in verbal and written communication necessary to interface with colleagues professionally on all levels of the organization
• Demonstrated ability to inspire, lead, work, coach and develop others in a team environment and shares and demonstrate successes throughout the company
• Influencing skills, building bridges, change management
• Combination of analytical skills and hands on approach
• Sensitive to other cultures/backgrounds, able to work in a multi-cultural workplace
• Proven capabilities in applying drive and initiative into projects and working cross-functionally with multiple (executive) stakeholders
We offerWorking at Marel means working at a multinational with many chances to develop yourself, take responsibility and show initiative. We offer an exciting job with a representative base salary, attractive secondary benefits in an international atmosphere that supports the company’s vision, and exhibit Marel’s core values Unity, Innovation and Excellence.
Extensive travel is needed to our locations globally. Whereby Main locations are in Europe. Job location therefore is flexible and can be discussed. English is the main language.
Contact information/ The procedureFor more information about the position, contact Erik van Grinsven, Recruiter, tel. 0485-586 401. E-mail: email@example.com
To find out more about our organization, click on werkenbijmarel.nl