INNOVA Software Systems Analyst
Who Is MAREL:
Marel is the leading global provider of advanced processing systems and services to the Poultry, Meat and Fish industries. In partnership with our customers we are transforming the way food is processed. Our vision is a world where quality food is produced sustainably and affordably. Our state-of-the-art equipment and systems help food processors of all sizes, in all markets, to operate at peak productivity. Our team is comprised of approximately 4,600 employees worldwide, offices and subsidiaries in 30 countries across six continents, and a network of more than 100 agents and distributors.
Lenexa, United States of America|
The organizationWhat we are looking for:
Looking for an “INNOVA Software System Analyst” to join the INNOVA software team in supporting and deploying production control software to our extensive customer base located in United States and Canada
Innova covers the complete value chain in the production cycle, from reception of raw material to product dispatch, providing all key performance indicators (KPIs) for each stage of the productions and traceability from door to door. Innova closely monitors and controls critical KPIs in real-time that can include: Yields, throughput, efficiency, giveaway, quality, stock levels and movements of goods. Innova is based on a modular design that provides maximum flexibility from single side unites and tasks to plant wide systems.
INNOVA connects to wide range of processing equipment from Marel and third parties to provide the most integrated processing/IT solutions available and open new opportunities in production management and control for the food processing industries.
What is INNOVA:
The INNOVA software from Marel is being used by over 1400 food production companies around the world including some of the leading brands in the industry. This is a fast growing product in the operation, giving the company a unique market position.
Features of INNOVA:
- Compatible with Marel Inc. machinery and solutions
- Automated data collection of individual equipment and complete processing lines provide new possibilities.
- The total production monitoring provided by Innova enhances plant operations and provides efficient, accurate control and information of every aspect of the production process with the goal of increasing profitability
- Learn more by visiting our INNOVA web site “INNOVA Online”
The preferred location for this position is Des Moines, Iowa or the Mid-west US, however, other locations will be considered.
Start date would be as soon as possible.
The functionJob description / Responsibilities:
- Develop an extensive working knowledge of INNOVA modules
- Coordinate new customer implementations
- Analyze customer processes for INNOVA implementation
- Conducting tests on INNOVA systems
- Installing and implementing INNOVA software systems
- Perform onsite or offsite product demonstrations
- Receiving & performing service requests from service coordinator on all Marel Software Products
- Planning and performing of follow-up on installations
- Prepare timesheets for invoicing and documenting or reporting of service tasks or installations
- Customer correspondence
- Performing actions to fulfil scheduled Service Level Agreement tasks
- Performing reporting as laid out in the company’s service handbook.
- Provide INNOVA software application training using a variety of delivery methods including web-based and on-site training
- Interfacing with users, consult on processes and identify potential opportunities and recommend improvements.
- Troubleshoot issues reported by customers and provide solutions
- Provide end-user INNOVA application support via phone, dial-in and email
- Debug and provide R&D feedback on software issues
- Develop training materials for INNOVA implementation
- Facilitate problem-solving between end user and INNOVA development
- Make customer specific reports
- Handle data communication between Innova and customer’s ERP system
Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the US on a full-time basisPreferred requirements and qualifications:
- B.S. or equivalent work experience is required
- Experience or knowledge in database administration (Microsoft SQL 2008, 2012 and 2014), report designing using tools like (Crystal reports/Microsoft Reporting Services).
- Familiar with the following OS’s :Windows 2003, 2008, 2012 Server, Windows XP, Win 7, Win 8
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products – Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Experience diagnosing problems with software products (preferred)
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Must possess a strong working knowledge of TCP/IP networking, serial and Ethernet cabling, handheld wireless devices and networks and barcode labels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to make technical, application and sales related presentations for customers and to train others.
- Ability to communicate professionally by phone and email
- Ability to anticipate areas of difficulty and/or questions
- Self-motivated, customer service oriented and energetic individual willing to travel extensively. Previous travel experience is a plus.
- Experience in system implementation
- Knowledge in project management is a plus
- Troubleshooting attitude related to customers and colleagues
- Self-driven and motivated person
- Availability to travel at customer’s site at short notice
- Well organized person
- Team player
We offerMarel Inc. prides itself in creating a tremendous work environment for its employees. Our package includes base salary, 10 paid company holidays, bi-weekly pay, vacation, 401K , life insurance, medical, dental vision, LTD & STD benefits.
Marel USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions.
Contact information/ The procedure
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply online at www.marel.com