Gainesville, Georgia, United States of America|
The organizationMarel is the leading global provider of advanced processing systems and services to the Poultry, Meat and Fish industries. Marel’s state-of-the-art equipment and systems help food processors of all sizes, in all markets, to operate at peak productivity. With around 4,600 employees worldwide, Marel is in a unique position to serve its customers wherever they may be located.
At its modern plant in Gainesville, Georgia the operating company Marel focuses on the design, production and installation of production systems for the poultry processing industry. As the world market leader, the organization is constantly looking for opportunities to increase the productivity of its customers, within the bounds of quality and innovation. In addition to offices in Gardabaer (IS), Boxmeer (NL) and Gainesville (Georgia, USA), the organization has a strong regional representation in a large number of countries.
The functionSpecific Activities:
- Hours: 40-hour week, Mon-Fri.– additional hours may be required.
- Set-up machine tools
- Understanding of Machine Tool programming (Stepping through programs and understanding what the machine is doing)
- Operate machine tools
- Set up and maintain Cutting Tools.
- Perform Quality Control operations using Micrometers, Calipers, CMM and other QC gaging.
- Will be cross-trained to work on different equipment and at different workstations as needed.
- Operates any equipment needed to perform the job.
- Report defective materials or questionable conditions to Supervisor.
- Complete tasks as directed by all Performance Management Goals with minimal supervision.
- Participate in Department training and meetings as appropriate as well as being an active participant in Natural Work Team activities.
- Cross training of other positions as needed for coverage
- Read and follow company procedure manual and safety rules
- Other duties as assigned
- Perform Preventive Maintenance and cleaning activities on Machine Tool and surrounding work area .
RequirementsSpecific skills and/or experience required for position:
- High school diploma or GED
- Mechanical ability
- Strong manual hand dexterity
- Ability to read blue prints
- Degree from accredited technical college in Machine Tool Technology, or equivalent (may be waived depending on experience)
A 40-hour work week is expected, with additional overtime hours required based on workload. This position requires some standing, sitting, bending, twisting, squatting, stooping, climbing, and reaching overhead. This position requires constant lifting of 10-20lbs, with occasional lifting up to 75lbs. It requires manual dexterity, and normal range of hearing and vision.
Typical mental demands:
Must be able to analyze many variables and choose the most effective course of action given the particular situation. Must be able to resolve problems, handle conflict, and make effective decisions under pressure.
Works in a shop setting. The area is temperature controlled. Noise levels vary depending on equipment assembling, but can be loud at times. Minimal travel required, less than 25%.
Steel toed boots/shoes and safety glasses required.
Contact information/ The procedureApril Bowins
P. O. Box 1258
Gainesville, GA 30503