The organizationMarel is the leading global provider of advanced processing systems and services to the Poultry, Meat and Fish industries. In partnership with our customers we are transforming the way food is processed. Our vision is a world where quality food is produced sustainably and affordably. Our state-of-the-art equipment and systems help food processors of all sizes, in all markets, to operate at peak productivity.
Our team is comprised of approximately 4,600 employees worldwide, offices and subsidiaries in 30 countries across six continents, and a network of more than 100 agents and distributors.
The functionAs Project Manager you are part of our Sales Organization.
You are responsible for the Project Management of sales projects from contract signature to handover to service. Project Management refers to the process of project planning (no demand planning), organizing, directing, communicating and controlling project work to achieve project objectives as defined in agreed contract between Marel and customers and Marel internal goals.
The role involves close contact with Marel customers where the Project Manager is acting as the primary customer and internal contact point regarding the project execution.
As well as being fully conversant with, and compliant to, the entire Marel Sales order/Project Management process, he/she is required to fulfil the following general responsibilities:
• Execution of project as primary contract from Kick-off meeting to project closure (handover to service) on behalf of Industry Management
• Create and maintain overall project plan with input from various Marel functions
• Keep stakeholders updated on progress, status and deviations from plan
• Analyze and act on risk
• Coordinate project team activities and distributes tasks to project team members (back office, etc.) when necessary
• Monitor project cost (including installation & commissioning costs)
• Coordinate 3rd party deliveries if applicable
• Schedule FAT- test and report if applicable
• Ensure communication on engineering package (utility, layout, beam plan)
• Coordinate installation, commissioning, SAT and training with service
• Manages and coordinates with the Area Sales Manager the change request process on items and services outside contract scope
• Subcontract services if applicable
• Coordinate handover of customer to service
• Organize warranty / protocol parts needed before project has been handover to service
• Finalize follow-up/After care/ snag list
• Monitor milestones in project plan
• Project evaluation with aim of continues improvement with respective sales team and manager Field Service Engineers
RequirementsYou recognize yourself in the following profile:
• Finished Bachelor Mechanical Engineering
• 3 to 10 years of relevant work experience
• Willing to travel 30 – 50% of your time
As a person, you can be best described as:
• Charismatic, analytical and pro-active
• You have a helicopterview and you are able to set priorities and you know how to communicate this properly to all stakeholders
• Your colleagues see you as a natural leader, who is able to manage several stakeholders well (on different levels in our and the clients' organization)
• You work best in a setting in which you have a lot of freedom, thanks to your sense of responsibility