PTO Engineer - Skinning
Who Is MAREL:
Marel is the leading global provider of advanced processing systems and services to the Poultry, Meat and Fish industries. In partnership with our customers we are transforming the way food is processed. Our vision is a world where quality food is produced sustainably and affordably. Our state-of-the-art equipment and systems help food processors of all sizes, in all markets, to operate at peak productivity. Our team is comprised of approximately 4,600 employees worldwide, offices and subsidiaries in 30 countries across six continents, and a network of more than 100 agents and distributors.
Des Moines, Iowa, United States of America|
The organizationPOSITION OVERVIEW
Coordinate and facilitate the information exchange between Research & Development and Service for new products in skinning. Assist the Innovation Department by understanding customers’ requirements and view developments from the customers’ point of view. Assist the organization in carrying out customer-specific equipment that is required to meet customer needs and ensure all of the information required to service new products is known by the product group. Must be capable of troubleshooting equipment at customers’ facilities, and make recommendations to internal management groups for new equipment and improvements needed on existing equipment.
The functionPOSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Training (in-house & in the field) of personnel with regards to Marel Skinning equipment.
- Enhance the ability for Service to take over newly developed equipment.
- Support the problem solving ability of Service, with the emphasis on knowing what to do the next time. This could be carried out by several methods:
- Formal in-house bulletins to the technicians on problems, new modifications, and adjustments for improved performance.
- Communication of advisory information to the organization.
- Support and review of owners, installation, and service manuals.
- Support of O-series and customer-specific equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Must have hands-on mechanical skills and must be very knowledgeable about machinery used in the skinning industry.
- Must have personal computer knowledge (MSOffice, PLM, ServiceMax, SAP preferred).
- Communicate facts and findings back into the organization via written reports, film, and photos.
- Willing to travel 75% of the time.
- Able to multi-task.
- Able to apply knowledge of skinning in customer facility: meat, fish, and poultry proteins.
- Position may require prolonged sitting, standing, bending, stooping, and twisting for 8 hours or more a day and lifting up to 20 pounds individually, working on ladders and platforms, as well as repetitive hand, shoulder, and wrist motion.
- You must be able to fly and/or drive to customer job sites.
- Must know how to work with customers and understand their requirements (protein and processing) and report these findings back into the company.
- Travel internationally and work with Marel Des Moines Innovation and Second Level Service team
- Able to develop strong interdependent relationships with Industry and Regional sales and service teams
- Very motivated and have initiative to accomplish tasks without supervision.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
The successful candidate will have a degree in engineering or a minimum of 4 years work experience with mechanical systems used in the meat and/or fish industry.
We offerMarel Inc. prides itself in creating a tremendous work environment for its employees. Our package includes base salary, 10 paid company holidays, bi-weekly pay, vacation, 401K , life insurance, medical, dental vision, LTD & STD benefits.
Marel USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions.