Gainesville, Georgia, United States of America|
The organizationMarel is the leading global provider of advanced processing systems and services to the Poultry, Meat and Fish industries. Marel’s state-of-the-art equipment and systems help food processors of all sizes, in all markets, to operate at peak productivity. With around 4,600 employees worldwide, Marel is in a unique position to serve its customers wherever they may be located.
At its modern plant in Gainesville, Georgia the operating company Marel focuses on the design, production and installation of production systems for the poultry processing industry. As the world market leader, the organization is constantly looking for opportunities to increase the productivity of its customers, within the bounds of quality and innovation. In addition to offices in Gardabaer (IS), Boxmeer (NL) and Gainesville (Georgia, USA), the organization has a strong regional representation in a large number of countries.
Job Summary: Responsible for various types of weld preparation, welding and weld finishing operations to manufacture product to customer drawings, blueprints, specifications, or other forms of instruction.
- Proficient in MIG, TIG, arc and heliarc welding techniques
- Interpretation of mechanical drawings, including weld requirement symbology
- Knowledge of wire and filler materials applications for various steel alloys, aluminum, and some exotic materials
- Working knowledge of fixturing and weld set up parameters (amps, volts, etc.)
- Conventional and precision measuring instruments
- Process inspection, certification, and documentation
- Welding equipment maintenance
- Finish grinding applications using manual and power tools
- General safety and housekeeping duties
- Report defective materials or questionable conditions to Supervisor.
- Complete tasks as directed by manufacturing schedules with minimal supervision.
- Ability to become forklift certified
- Participate in Department training and meetings as appropriate
- Cross training of other positions as needed for coverage
- Pull parts weekly from pick sheet for next week’s production
- Assist with inventory as needed
- Other duties as assigned
RequirementsEducation and/or Experience:
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and 2 to 3 years of welding experience. Must be able to pass a welding test. Working experience with food processing equipment is a plus, but not required.
We offerLanguage Skills:
Ability to read and interpret safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, blue prints and specifications. Ability to interpret mechanical drawings, including weld requirement symbology.
This position is required to work in a manufacturing environment facility. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; extreme heat (non-weather) and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to handle or feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Expected Hours of Work:
40-hour week, Mon- Fri. Occasionally additional hours may be required. The customer’s needs are primary to all goals and concerns.
Some travel required from time to time per customer demands.
This position mandates the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) that may include; approved protective eyewear, uniforms, steel-toed work boots and hearing protection.
Contact information/ The procedureApril Bowins
P. O. Box 1258
Gainesville, GA 30503