- Specially designed to deal with wet and sticky products
- Easy to operate
- Very hygienic
- Extremely low giveaway
- All-time low maintenance costs
- High throughput: up to 160 batches per minutes, depending on product type and batch size
The Marel Multihead Weigher deals with all infeed, sorting, mixing and weighing requirements.
It automatically portions and packs food products into virtually any type of tray, thermo pack, bag, can, glass or box.
Products are dispensed into hoppers by vibrating feeders and weighed into exact portions.
Food items ideally batched with a Multihead Weigher include seafood mix, frozen fish fillets, IQF toppings, diced meat, poultry strips, nuggets, wings and drumsticks.
The Multihead Weigher can also be used by processors who need to make split or mix portions. The machine can be divided for use with two or three products, which enables split portions of three different products. The machine can also be divided for use with two packing lines.
Automatic Feeder Adjustment (AFA)
The key to weighing accuracy and high production capacity is an effective vibratory feed system.
To make sure these vibratory feeders operate at maximum efficiency, it is crucial that each feeder vibrates at its own specific resonance frequency at all times. This frequency changes over time, however, due to wear and tear in the feeder system as well as normal fluctuations in temperature and humidity.
The AFA technology therefore automatically ensures that each individual feeder vibrates at its own unique resonance frequency.
Key features of AFA:
- Extremely fast self-adjustment – it takes less than 30 seconds to optimise the frequency of all 10, 14 or 18 vibratory feeders
- Easy to use - no need to give operators any special training - simply push a button
- Driver frequency is far more accurate than when using mechanical adjustment
- Unaffected by any fluctuations in electrical voltage.
The Marel Multihead Weigher is available in three different versions:
The MHW-5410 has ten hoppers, which are available with a volume of two or five litres. The MHW-5410 will run with a throughput of up to 70 batches/min.
The MHW-5414 with 14 hoppers, is available with either two- or five-litre hoppers. The throughput of the MHW-5414 is up to 120 batch/min.
The MHW-5418 is suitable for smaller products. The hopper volume is two litres. It will run up to 160 batch/min.
For more information, contact your local marel representative today