The Brazilian Industrial Meat Unit Castrolanda installed Marel’s ergonomic DeboFlex shoulder-debonin..
Processing lines in focus
30 Mar 2015
From carcass intake to product dispatch
Central to the featured lines, was that they all started at deboning and trimming. For example, on a DeboFlex line for the deboning of pork fore-ends or on a StreamLine deboning and trimming line. From there, the primal products entered into the case-ready lines and the trim entered the further processing lines.
Watch the videos of the processing lines demonstrated at Meat ShowHow 2015.
The following processing lines were demonstrated:
- Beef steak line - Bone-in, beef rib eye is processed into the most visually appealing, consistently shaped; highest quality beef steaks and packaged into exact weight trays. Innova software across the complete line measures yield, give away and throughput.
- Hamburger line - Beef trimmings, meat packages and primals are processed into hamburgers. Innova software provides full traceability throughout the whole line in order to improve food safety.
- Marinated pork steak line - Deboned and trimmed fore-ends are crust frozen, portioned into steaks that are marinated and loaded into trays. It is a semi-automated line that creates extra yield and added value.
- Minced Meat line - Beef trimmings are checked for bones, ground, mixed and portioned into fixed weight minced meat blocks that are loaded into trays. Thanks to a central recipe management system, full traceability of the process is ensured as well as superior quality and uniformity of finished products.
- Pork sausage line - Pork trimmings and meat packages are processed, analyzed for fat content, linked and loaded into trays. Manual handling is reduced and control of the process is improved.
- Schnitzel line - Full muscle texture schnitzels are produced with intact meat which is flattened and further processed. It is a fully integrated system from the intake of raw material to the packed end product. Especially interesting for the retail market and food service sector.