Stork ChillingControl is the only solution in the market which dynamically and automatically adjusts tunnel settings to the load being handled. It is a smart combination of existing technologies in chilling and PDS product distribution software and it can be implemented in an existing chilling tunnel.
Effortless gain with adaptive chilling
Environment and profit go hand in hand
It saves a considerable amount of energy, making the chilling process more cost-efficient while at the same time optimizing product quality. To obtain the desired chilling accuracy, ChillingControl is able to anticipate tunnel loads and then react directly and automatically with no human input.
ChillingControl gives processors the ability to improve overall chilling efficiency by adjusting the tunnel’s settings at exactly the right moment, based on prior knowledge of product weight and product quantity.
Apart from startup and shutdown, part filling of the tunnel can also happen during production breaks. Normally, the chilling system would continue to operate at full power. ChillingControl, however, will detect the reducing load in the tunnel and will immediately adjust the system accordingly. The cooling system will not operate at full blast unnecessarily, thus saving energy. As soon as products begin entering the tunnel again, the chilling system will already have powered up automatically and on time.
Having been chilled at a consistent temperature, product will be in the best possible condition for downstream processes such as cutting and deboning.
- Every product chilled at a consistent temperature
- Reduces weight loss due to less evaporation
- Maximum post chill yield and product quality
- Energy consumption as low as can be
- Added value for profitable business and environmental sustainability
- No human input or control needed
- Add-on software module in combination with PDS/NT
- For use with existing Stork air chilling technology (DownFlow+ or Shock Maturation)
- For use with SmartWeigher or TREC/GI weighing rehanger
- When used without weighing, only quantity adaptive chilling
For more information, contact your local marel representative today