IRIS - Intelligent Reporting, Inspection & Selection
IRIS, the Intelligent reporting, inspection & selection system assesses whole products and its seven anatomic portions at multiple locations in the processing plant.
The system consists of a digital camera, LED lighting and advanced recognition software.
It uses shape, color and texture to detect defects such as broken wings, red and blue bruises, faecal stains, remaining feathers and skin damage. Iris can be used on both water and air chilled products.
Recognition software processes the images received from the camera and allocates a quality grade to each portion of the product. This information is used to determine the best possible destination of each whole product or portion and to generate fully comprehensive reports.
- Digital imaging and advanced recognition software
- Fully integrated into Marel Poultry Innova plant-wide information and control system
- Can be installed at multiple locations in the plant
- Will grade both the front and back of the product
- Will reliably pick up a very wide range of defects
- Can accurately determine the size of a bruise or length of a scratch
- Allows management to set very precise standards for downgrading
- Suitable for both air and water chilled product
- Suitable for high value “speciality” products
- Virtually maintenance free
- High intensity long-life LED lighting
For more information, contact your local marel representative today