Area Sales Manager - South-East Asia
The organizationMarel is the leading global provider of advanced processing systems and services to the Poultry, Meat and Fish industries. In partnership with our customers we are transforming the way food is processed. Our vision is a world where quality food is produced sustainably and affordably. Our state-of-the-art equipment and systems help food processors of all sizes, in all markets, to operate at peak productivity. Our team is comprised of approximately 5400 employees worldwide, offices and subsidiaries in 30 countries across six continents, and a network of more than 100 agents and distributors.
Click here for the Corporate movie.
For our organization, we are looking for an Area Sales Manager, to cover the region South-East Asia.
The functionAs Area Sales Manager you are responsible for reaching the commercial targets agreed for a particular area. You work with and support local Further Processing, Poultry and Meat Account Managers, agents, and back office in determining the real customer need and developing and selling Further Processing solutions. Besides that you are commercially responsible for some dedicated Further Processing customers. You will report into the Sales Director for Further Processing.
Your main responsibilities are:
• Marel Further Processing Area Sales Manager, with a focus on South-East Asia – ensuring the in depth knowledge application as well as quality of the solutions offered in Convenience, Sausage, Fresh and Preparation
• Responsible for establishing and implementing a structural market plan, aimed at targeting and maintaining contacts with agents, customers and associates.
• Follow the sales process by taking responsibility for projects from initial concept to hand-over to service.
• Provide market input to Sales, Service, Innovation teams, through visit reports and monthly market reports,
• Integrate into the regional teams with an overview perspective of the business challenges and build up the Further Processing knowledge in the regional teams
Requirements• You have a Bachelor or Master degree within a technical area (preferably Mechanical Engineering)
• You have a minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience in a commercial position preferably in the food industry.
• As a person, you are emphatic, energetic and sharp, result driven, independent and you have an entrepreneurial mindset.
• You are down to earth and you have a pragmatic way of approaching your job and its tasks.
• You speak, write and understand English and preferably one or more (Asian) languages.
• Last but not least, you are international oriented and you are willing to travel at least 50% of your time within your designated region
We offerMarel offers you plenty of space to develop yourself (internationally). The informal atmosphere gives you the opportunity to take responsibility and show initiative. You will of course be supported and supervised by the organization. Salary will depend on knowledge and experience. At Marel the challenges are there for taking!
Contact information/ The procedureDo you recognize yourself in the person? If so, press the “apply” button.
For more information on the position you can contact our Recruiter, Marlijn de Bruin, via e-mail: email@example.com
If you want to know more about our organization click on www.marel.com