IT Technology Architect
The organizationMarel is an international supplier of advanced systems for the food processing industry. Our brands Stork Poultry Processing, Townsend Further Processing and Marel are well known across the globe. We are continuously focused on improving our customers’ productivity by adding value through innovation and high quality.
Marel has over 4,600 employees working globally for its four Industry Centers: Poultry, Meat, Fish and Further Processing, as well is in our regional sales and service offices.
Click here for the corporate video of Marel
For our IT organization, we are currently recruiting a:
IT Technology Architect
The functionEnterprise Architecture within Marel supports the translation of business strategy and business objectives into informed and sustainable IT designs. The Marel IT landscape is continuously changing. IoT and enterprise integration platforms are some of the areas of investment.
The Technology Architect’s role is to build and maintain the technology roadmap, to design and guide development of applications and to guide activities related to the integration of applications and devices in and outside of Marel
The working area has many sides and extends across multiple geographic locations, functional domains, existing and new concepts, legacy and new technology, different infrastructures varying from public cloud to on-premise etc.
The Technology Architect reports to the Enterprise Architect. He/she works with IT specialists in application-, infra and software development teams and guides projects to completion.
The Technology Architect:
· Can think conceptually, can see the different perspectives of multiple stakeholders and is able to understand the business context and strategic objectives.
· Is also result-driven, hands-on and able to translate ideas and vision into concrete and realistic designs and working software.
· Takes a holistic view by default, identifies design patterns and promotes reuse in solutions across the broader system environment.
· Is on par with trends in IT technology and advises on use of emerging technology in projects and programs, e.g. developments in the area of Internet of Things, Cloud computing, Hybrid integration platforms, rapid application development and user centric designs.
· Has profound knowledge of methods in software design, (application) integration and Enterprise Architecture.
- Strategic/ tactical level
- Drives innovation and supports the definition of new business opportunities and IT solutions(e.g. in the area of Business process automation, Internet of Things, digital workplace, etc.
- Inspires and motivates peers and stakeholders and provides them with ideas and sample solutions. Communicates clearly about these architectures and implications.
- Portfolio/Project level
- Partners with stakeholders across IT and business and can drive the creation of Project Start Architectures and technical designs.
- Can be hands-on and/or act as teamlead for project delivery in new and rapid application development.
- Can be hands-on and/or act as teamlead for project delivery of enterprise (application) integration and process automation across a hybrid landscape (cloud and on-premise)..
- The ideal candidate has held similar roles within IT and has a Bachelor or Master degree.
- Broad knowledge of enterprise integration platforms and preferably knowledge of SAP technologies in this context.
- Profound knowledge of software development using modern (low-code) development platforms and various technologies, including open source.
- Knowledge of several concepts, methods and frameworks in the area of software engineering and enterprise architecture such as RUP, (Micro) Service Oriented Architecture, DYA, TOGAF and/ or other methods in these areas.
- Knowledgeable on programming languages and protocols such as .NET and/or Java, HTML5/UI5, REST and SOAP web services etc.
- Experience in design and delivery of Service Oriented Architectures.
Working at Marel means working at a multinational with many chances to develop yourself, take responsibility and show initiative. We offer an exciting job with a representative base salary, attractive secondary benefits in an international atmosphere that supports the company’s vision, and exhibit Marel’s core values Unity, Innovation and Excellence.
Contact information/ The procedure
For more information, don’t hesitate to contact our recruiter, Erik van Grinsven, by email: email@example.com. If you are interested in this position, don’t hesitate to forward us your CV via this website.