IT Technology Architect
The organizationMarel is an international supplier of advanced systems for the food processing industry. Our brands Stork Poultry Processing, Townsend Further Processing and Marel are well known across the globe. We are continuously focused on improving our customers’ productivity by adding value through innovation and high quality.
Marel has over 5,100 employees working globally for its four Industry Centers: Poultry, Meat, Fish and Further Processing, as well is in our regional sales and service offices.
Click here for the Corporate video
The functionWe’re looking for a Technology Architect to join our architecture and Solutions strategy team. Applicants should have broad skills and experience with multiple software products, infrastructure, IT technologies and should be capable of shaping and delivering innovative technology solutions.
The Technology Architect’s role is to update and actively manage our technology roadmap, clean up technical debt, make applications cloud ready, support digital business initiatives such as IoT and e-Commerce and promote new technology developments such as serverless computing and low-code application development.
The Architecture team is part of our global IT organization. The team deals with complex architecture challenges, in order to effectively digitalize our businesses by designing best-fit solutions and to guide forthcoming projects to completion.
The Technology Architect reports to the Enterprise Architect.
We operate in an exciting, rapidly growing market and our 5100 employees work in an international environment that encourages open communication and free expression of ideas. We spread out across the globe with the largest number of Marel employees based in the Netherlands, followed by the United States, Iceland, Denmark and the United Kingdom. IT centers of excellence are based out of Boxmeer the Netherlands and Gardabaer Iceland but we work in a virtual global team spread across Europe and Americas.
- Influences technology strategy and defines high performing target architectures that best fits our organizations’ technology and business ambitions;
- Monitors industry trends, directions and new software and hardware.
- Defines blueprints and roadmaps and estimates technology architecture solution complexity & cost;
- Inspires and motivates peers and stakeholders and provides them with ideas and sample solutions. Communicates clearly about these architectures and implications. Provides signature-ready recommendations on technology decisions.
- Conducts architecture assessment at different levels of detail;
- Designs & implements technology solutions;
- Coaches, mentors, and instructs software developers and other team members;
- Can be hands-on and/or act as teamlead for project delivery in new and rapid application development;
- Has an overall responsibility for the quality of the system and its conformance to agreed constraints.
- The ideal candidate has held similar roles within IT and has a Bachelor or Master degree;
- Can think conceptually, can see the different perspectives of multiple stakeholders and is able to understand the business context and strategic objectives;
- Takes a holistic view by default, identifies design patterns and promotes reuse in solutions across the broader system environment;
- Is also result-driven, hands-on and able to translate ideas and vision into concrete and realistic designs and working software;
- Has knowledge and understanding of different modeling languages, methods and frameworks (such as UML, ArchiMate, TOGAF);
- Has knowledge of modern development tools and techniques such as Eclipse and test-driven development and continuous integration;·
- Deep skills in development and delivery methods are an asset;
- Has proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment;
- Has good communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills;
- Willing to travel abroad once and a while
- Cloud architecture;
- Microservices and API Management;
- Web architecture;
- Presentation and integration technology of big vendors such as Microsoft and SAP;
- Open source technologies in databases, app and web tiers, big data analytics;
- Containers and Docker.
Working at Marel means working at a multinational with many chances to develop yourself, take responsibility and show initiative. We offer an exciting job with a representative base salary, attractive secondary benefits in an international atmosphere that supports the company’s vision, and exhibit Marel’s core values Unity, Innovation and Excellence.
Contact information/ The procedure
For more information, don’t hesitate to contact our recruiter, Erik van Grinsven, by email: email@example.com. If you are interested in this position, don’t hesitate to forward us your CV via this website.