The organizationMarel is an international supplier of integrated systems, products and services for the Fish, Meat and Poultry industry. Our tagline is Advancing Food Processing. That’s at the heart of everything we do. We want to push food processing further. We want to make it better. That is our passion.
Some 4600 employees work worldwide for Marel supporting the Poultry, Further Processing, Fish and Meat industries. Unity, Innovation and Excellence are the values which characterize our company.
For our Industry Meat organization, location Lichtenvoorde - the Netherlands, we are looking for a Sales Director.
The functionAs Sales Director you are responsible for executing and managing the Sales activities and achieving the Global Sales targets and margins for the Meat organization, including primary and secondary processing solutions for the pork and beef industry.
You work in a global team and you are directly responsible for the day-to-day management of the Meat Account Managers / Sales Managers and Regional Sales Managers in the Sales front office globally. Close cooperation will be required with Business Unit Managers, Area Sales Managers, Product Specialists, Back Office Sales and Project Management in the various Business Units of Industry Meat, to determine the customer needs and matching the solutions, and ensuring commercial progress reporting.
As Sales Director you will report into the Managing Director of Industry Meat and you are part of the Management Team.
Your main job responsibilities are:
- Growth in order intake and margin enhancement
- Identify, develop and direct the sales front line strategy of Industry Meat
- Leads the strategic and operational planning cycles for the Sales front Line team
- Direct, plan, and implement policies, objectives, and activities of the Sales front line team to ensure continuing operations, to maximize returns on investments, and to increase productivity.
- Coach and supports a multi-functional, global sales team
- Builds and maintains relationship with key customers with visits or pro-active communication on a regular basis. You will represent the company, if necessary, in negotiations with customers to secure the most effective contract terms for the company.
- Develop relationships and ensure seamless relationship with all stakeholders, both internal Marel and external.
- A Bachelor or University degree (e.g. engineering, business administration) and a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a senior management position in an international, innovative and technical environment.
- 5+ years of experience in a Sales and Sales Management role in a complementary industry
- Able to understand the technical and technological aspects of food processing equipment
- Capable to set a vision, connect people, build bridges within a network organization, set tasks / goals and support people to both achieve them and grown in their respective roles.
- Experience of negotiation and cooperation with people of different cultures and tactics involved in strategic negotiations.
- As a person, you are result driven with a strong commercial awareness, service orientated with an entrepreneurial drive. You have excellent communication skills and you are able to persuade others & negotiate to reach agreement.
- You speak, write and understand English. Last but not least, you are willing to travel circa 50% of your time within your area.