Senior Data Scientist
The organizationMarel is the leading global provider of advanced processing systems and services to the Poultry, Meat and Fish industries. In partnership with our customers we are transforming the way food is processed. Our vision is a world where quality food is produced sustainably and affordably. Our state-of-the-art equipment and systems help food processors of all sizes, in all markets, to operate at peak productivity. Our organization is comprised of approximately 5100 employees worldwide, offices and subsidiaries in 30 countries across six continents, and a network of more than 100 agents and distributors.
Click here for the Corporate video
The functionTo get insight in performance of machines and systems that Marel delivers to her customers all over the world, you collect and analyze the machine and process data. For Marel this is the start of a new field of competences in her innovation organization, meaning that we are looking for a specialist in this domain that wants to ‘greenfield’ develop this competence team.
- You create predictive models and manage their life cycle (monitoring, retraining, improving)
- You take care of data cleaning and data preparation.
- You proactively look for new opportunities in getting data and create insights.
- You analyze (possibly unstructured) data.
- You look for correlations in existing data sets.
- You translate obtained insight into actions and present these to stakeholders.
- You develop new experiments for pilot projects at customers.
- You can deal with large data sets (process/machine/sensor data).
RequirementsData science is your passion!
You are a proactive developer, who wants to work in an ambitious, innovative and international company that is starting up its IoT activities. Your communication skills help you to gain new insights, develop plans and sell them to your stakeholders. You are able to move easily between operational, tactical and strategical tasks and to communicate with stakeholders. You are able to inspire others and to build bridges between different disciplines and colleagues throughout the company.
- You have a bachelor or preferably a master degree in econometrics, computer science, information technology, artificial intelligence, applied mathematics or similar.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of relavant working experience.
- Experience in a technical/international organization is an advantage.
- You are fluent in both written and spoken Dutch and English.
- You have knowledge of SQL Server databases and SQL.
- You master programming in R or Python.
- You have broad experience in applied statistics.
- Knowledge of C# and IoT is an advantage.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure is an advantage (Azure Machine Learning, Stream Analytics, Azure functions)
- You have experience with reporting tools like PowerBI.
- You like working within the domain of mechanical and control system engineering.
- You can work in a multidisciplinary and international team setup.
- You are able to build bridges between disciplines and people, to lead by example and able to inspire and motivate people.
- You have good organizational and presention skills.
- You are experienced in stakeholder management.
- You can develop and grow a new field of competence within Marel.
We offerWorking at Marel means working at a multinational with many chances to develop yourself, take responsibility and show initiative. We offer a challenging job with a representative salary, attractive secondary benefits in an international atmosphere that supports the company’s vision, and exhibit Marel’s core values Unity, Innovation and Excellence.
Contact information/ The procedure
Are you that Data Scientist we are looking for? If you are interested in this position, please apply via our website. For more information about this challenging position, please contact our Recruiter: Misha Wittkowski via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.