Senior Mechanical Engineer
We have an exciting oppotunity within our Innovation team at our Colchester location. This could be for someone who wishes to relocate in to the area as we would consider candidates nationally with the right skill set. It could also be a secondment opportunity from within the business.
Colchester, United Kingdom|
The organizationMarel is the leading global provider of advanced equipment, systems and services to the fish, meat and poultry industries. From harvesting raw materials to packaging the final product our systems are designed to meet our customers’ every need.
We have offices and subsidiaries in over 30 countries on six continents, a global network of over 100 agents and distributors and manufacturing facilities in 16 locations worldwide. We work side-by-side with our customers to extend the boundaries of food processing performance.
Marel Limited provides advanced food packaging systems capable of high speed weighing, labelling, printing and pack handling. Our equipment enables food producers to supply their products in high quality consumer packed product often to meet stringent requirements of brand owners.
Based in Colchester, Essex, Marel’s End-of-Line Innovation team designs, develops and maintains machines designs in partnership with colleagues in Product Management, Production, Supply Chain, Service and Finance.
The functionThe Senior Mechanical Engineer will be a member of the Mechanical Engineering team and under the guidance of the Mechanical Engineering Lead will be responsible for the development, documentation and maintenance of mechanical engineering processes, standards and best practice. It will be necessary for the Senior Mechanical Engineer to act as a mentor or to train other members of the team.
The Innovation team operates a matrix based organisational structure. The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be appointed to Innovation projects and be responsible for the mechanical engineering deliverables to time, cost and quality criteria.
Works as a key stakeholder in the Mechanical Engineering and Innovation project teams. Engages with piers in the Innovation Cluster (UK and Iceland).
- Operates in accord with Marel’s global business processes and infrastructure
- Works to define, document and maintain relevant processes, standards and best practice at a local level
- Provides supports to other team members; participates in the development/training of the mechanical team
- Participates in global and cluster initiatives, programmes and projects as necessary
- Uses requirements and specifications to deliver exacting component, assembly, system and machines designs
- Represent the business and the department in a professional manner in front of clients, suppliers and internal colleagues
- Strong English language skills evident in written material
- Will exhibit strong presentation skills
- Has the ability to persuade others
- A strong knowledge of electro-mechanical systems; design, manufacture and maintenance
- An ability to work within a project environment and to defined timescales
- The ability to work as a team but also on their own
- Familiarity working in a matrix organization is an advantage
- Well organised and with the ability to multi-task and prioritise workload
- Must be able to demonstrate an appropriate level of attention to detail
- Is able to add value to design using modelling and simulation techniques
- Proficient user of CAD, preferably with SolidWorks experience
- A Mechanical Engineering qualification (likely to degree level)
- 5+ years working in a R&D environment.
- Mechanical engineering modelling experience
- Experience in the food packaging industry, white goods, printing
- Willing to relocate if necessary to the Colchester area.
Contact information/ The procedureJeanette Key
HR Manager UK & Ireland
|m||+44 7785 616 989|
|d||+44 844 499 3111|