A Maturation Chill tunnel both chills and tenderizes. For optimum tenderness, a Maturation Chill tunnel should follow a RapidRigor electro-stimulation system installed immediately after plucking.
Maturation Chill is a two-stage, multi-tier system. In the first stage birds are chilled rapidly to inhibit the growth of bacteria. Moisture is applied to all inside and outside surfaces to keep weight loss to a minimum and to help the chill process, which uses very cold air at very high velocities.
In the second, longer stage, birds are chilled slowly, using less cold air at lower velocities to speed up proteolytic breakdown.
- Sigma/T90 overhead conveyor system
- “Plus” Moisturizing on 180° corner wheels outside tunnel
- Simple day-to-day operation
- Complete automatic in-line system
- Detailed “tracking and tracing” information
- Chilling giblets on a conveyor belt in tunnel possible