The main benefit of online fat analysis at Gunnar Dafgård AB is highly accurate calculation of targe..
01 May 2013
With DeboFlex, that flow is made simple and orderly, which results in higher capacity, increased yield and improved logistics and ergonomics.
- Simpler and more structured work process
- Shackle technology for easy flow and handling
- Optimized production management and improved logistics
- Faster deboning time and increased yield
A large proportion of the time spent on deboning in a pace line is currently spent on turning and moving products around. Using DeboFlex reduces this handling time – by making the process smoother and more efficient – which increases actual cutting time and thus capacity.
The DeboFlex simplifies operations such as hanging, neck removal, deboning, skinning, defatting and Eisbein (shank) cutting. These new,optimized cutting patterns contribute to improving yield because operators are able to focus on their primary task of cutting, and don’t have to perform multiple operations on the same fore-end.
With the DeboFlex system, the flow of products is more streamlined. The products move in a shackle line from one process step to the next. This results in greater line efficiency, less manual handling and more effective, specialized operator tasks.
Faster processing time
With improved logistics, processing time is automatically reduced. The resulting major benefits include less work in process, less manual handling and improved shelf life.
Optimized work environment
The DeboFlex system is very flexible in design and factory layout. This results in an improved work environment, less stress and fewer work-related strain injuries. The system is both ergonomic and hygienic
- Height of work stations can be adjusted according to operator requirements and preferences
- Virtually eliminating heavy lifting
- Limited manual turning/pulling of products
- Well-structured, automated flow means less stress for the operators while still maintaining output
- Limited number of contact points and low risk of contamination
- Decreased in bacteria count
- Less waiting time, e.g. fewer products kept waiting in large tubs
- Products pass rapidly through deboning, without delays
The first customer to install the DeboFlex system was Compaxo Meat Ltd in Zevenaar, Holland. At the Compaxo pig slaughterhouse, craftsmanship goes hand in hand with the latest technologies and sciences – and the new DeboFlex fits well within that philosophy. Menno van der Post, Production Manager at Compaxo in Zevenaar, immediately adapted to the new way of working.
“We are very happy with the DeboFlex. The flexibility and easy logistics of the system are simply impressive.”
The DeboFlex offers many benefits for Compaxo, as Menno explains,
“We constantly see new benefits. The efficiency in the production hall has risen, the transport of products has become simpler, the cutting process has become easier and the bacterial counts have dropped. And all this within just a couple of months after installation.”