Portioning and Manual Packing of Boneless Fresh Meat
- Automated portioning and flexible manual packing
- High flexibility and quick changeover of primal types, styling requirements or tray size
- Can handle complex styling patterns
- Individual portion thickness from 8 mm and up
- Fixed weight packs with low giveaway (depending on product and operators)
- Small footprint
- Connectivity to Marel Innova software solutions
It suits any kind of tray styling method, from simple to complex styling patterns: shingled slices, flat styling, head-to-tail styling, butterfly or fishbone styling patters. The system is also suitable for decorative packing style, such as; edge peppering or for packing additional decorative items or cooking additives in pack. It caters for both catch weight or fixed weight packing.
The line is designed for cutting and packing boneless meat, by using the Marel I-Cut 55 PortionCutter for slicing the meat primal into a customized and preprogrammed slice weight or thickness.
This line has six packing stations with tables and scales. An operator counts the portions, makes the batches and styles them into trays. The trays are weighed on a scale and when the pack weight is within limits the operators place the ready trays onto a tray conveyor for subsequent tray sealing and dispatch.