- Increased casing utilization
- Quick changeover in minutes
- Less giveaway through excellent weight and length control
- Less downtime
- Lower maintenance cost
- Touch screen control
- Memory for 40 recipes plus product parameters
Marel offers a number of successful Townsend linkers and conveyors for the production of cooked/smoked sausage.
The SmartLinker produces strings of sausages of a consistently fixed length and weight per sausage in continuous motion.
The linker is installed after a supply pump. A dosing pump fills a long casing (collagen or cellulose) with sausage mix. The machine then twists the string automatically, exactly in accordance with the selected product recipe. The twisting mechanism (linker chain and chuck) is quick and easy to change.
- Get four more links per strand without additional casing, labor or energy costs.
- Designed with 42% fewer parts than previous Townsend linkers.
- Touch screen control.
- Production programme memory for 40 recipes and product parameter settings for hang, weight, twist and casing tails.
- Changeover to another caliber and/or length is therefore rapid and simple, allowing flexible production.
For more information, contact your local marel representative today