- Highest yield and throughput in reliable skinning
- Remove skins from poultry products without the loss of valuable meat
- Can be implemented either stand-alone or inline
- Ability to skin without the use of water means high quality skins for secondary processing
- Easy to sanitize and maintain
Marel’s conveyorized skinners remove thin skins and membrane from poultry products without the loss of valuable meat.
Marel offers unique poultry skinning machines within the SK 14-400 series. Each machine has been specifically designed to work on specific poultry products to ensure the highest yields and throughput possible while providing reliable skinning.
Proven technology that results in less downtime
The poultry skinners achieve high throughputs with output capacities ranging from 60 to 160 pieces of chicken per minute, depending on the product type, condition and size.
Simple and ergonomic
Each machine is designed with the operator in mind. Simple operating procedures, ergonomic features and proven technology result in less downtime. In the processing plant the Marel skinners can be implemented either stand-alone or inline.
No water is needed for the skinning operation, but multiple water options are available depending on the precise needs of an operation.
Safe and hygienic
Marel’s poultry skinners offer the most advanced electronic and air systems, improved safety measures and the most hygienic designs.
The overall design of each skinner system makes sanitation and maintenance easy due to an open and robust design. Various set-ups are available for each machine that include a wide range of top feeds and water options.
- Unique machines designed for specific processing needs
- Operational adjustments are easy allowing for high quality final products
- Heavy gauge structure resists damage and requires less maintenance
- Sealed cabinet improves sanitation, protects parts, requires less maintenance with less cleanup cost
- Keyed side panels provide easy and quick access to electrical and mechanical components reducing downtime
- Swivel casters make it easy to move around for cleanup and maintenance
- Optional caster heights, conveyor extensions and multi-height exit conveyor allow skinner to fit into existing lines
- Interlock belting for longer life span, improved sanitation, and easy repair or replacement
- Delrin rail supports improve sanitation and makes for smooth operation
- Machine disassembles quickly and no tools are needed for easy cleaning and maintenance
- Interlocked hood and guards prevent access to moving parts
- Tapered and beveled parts shorten clean up time and result in less standing water
- Multiple water options are available, including no water needed, depending on the precise needs of your operation
- Aged (matured) bone-in thighs
- Boneless whole legs
- Air chilled breast caps
- Whole legs – broilers & big birds
- Boneless butterfly breasts (broilers & big birds)
- Fresh bone-in thighs
- Bone-in drums
For more information, contact your local marel representative today