- Early visual assessment after evisceration
- Detects a wide variety of defects
- Detailed flock and product info before chilling
- More time for production planning
- Matching supply to demand
- Increased yield
IRIS, the Intelligent Reporting, Inspection & Selection system, assesses whole products and its seven anatomic portions at multiple locations in the processing plant.
By installing the IRIS visual grading system directly after evisceration, knowledge about product quality becomes available very early.
Use ‘extra-time’ for accurate planning
How it works
The system consists of a high-speed digital camera, LED lighting and advanced recognition software.
IRIS can evaluate size, shape, color, texture and defects.
Recognition software processes the images received from the camera and allocates a quality grade to the product. This information is used to determine the best possible destination of each whole product or portion and to generate fully comprehensive reports.
Before chilling, IRIS can be more critical on torn skin without concern for false positives (no chill tunnel effects like discoloration).
We are noticing increased accuracy in differentiating specific quality parameters
- Thomas Graf, Bell Switzerland
Early product assessment helps processors to adjust supply to demand. Already having insight in the quality of the flocks and products when they spend about two and a half hours in the air-chilled tunnel (about 30,000 products!), processors can use the “extra” time for accurate planning.
Not estimates, but facts
IRIS is fully integrated into the Innova PDS information and control system. Data received from IRIS will help determine how product is to be handled downstream.
For Innova PDS, matching products with incoming orders becomes a lot easier in this early stage; the processor exactly knows what to expect and can make the appropriate selections to meet the order requirements.
Early decisions aren't based anymore on estimates but on facts, and every product will exactly be put into its most profitable form.
- Visual assessment directly after evisceration
- Early knowledge of product quality, before chilling
- Higher yield through exact matching of products with incoming orders
- Consistently reliable performance at the highest line speeds
- Reliably detects a wide range of defects
- Separate front and backside systems possible
- Digital imaging and advanced recognition software
- Fully integrated into Innova PDS plant-wide information and control system
- Easy to install, calibrate, use and maintain
- Virtually maintenance free
- High intensity long-life LED lighting
For more information, contact your local marel representative today