Inline Tenderness Management
- Consistently tender and juicy breast fillet
- Improved shelf life, yield and hygiene
- Fully in-line process gives optimum plant logistics and allows complete traceability
- Quicker process without manual handling
For processors, production of tender, juicy breast fillet means finding a tenderness management technology, which gives consistently good results, is cost-effective and allows product to flow inline through the processing plant without the need for off-line storage.
The Inline Tenderness Management System easily meets all these requirements and more.
Optimum breast meat tenderness
The formation and resolution of rigor mortis and the breakdown of proteins (proteolysis) are key concepts in the maturation process and essential to ensure tender breast fillet.
Conventionally, tenderness was achieved by storing chilled product off-line for many hours before deboning could start. Over time, however, products dry out and presentation and eating quality can be impaired.
RapidRigor and Maturation Chill
The Stork Inline Tenderness Management System speeds up the resolution of rigor mortis and proteolysis. It consists of two in-line processes: RapidRigor electro-stimulation and Maturation Chill.
RapidRigor applies electric pulses to remove energy left in the muscles post mortem.
Maturation Chill is a two phase system. In the first phase all external and internal surfaces are chilled down quickly, using very cold air circulated at high velocities; this stops growth of micro-organisms. In the second phase, chilling is slower using a gentle flow of less cold air; this speeds up protein breakdown.
A thin film of water is applied to all external and internal surfaces at intervals, reducing moisture loss. This prevents products from drying out.
The system is fully inline and needs no special chilled store to mature products offline. So it saves space and time, as maturation occurs much more rapidly. A quicker process also means longer shelf life. Furthermore it saves labor as products no longer have to be transferred manually in and out of maturation storage. Because of this, hygiene and shelf life benefit too. Cutting accuracy and yield also improve, as products don't get deformed anymore in offline storage crates.
An important advantage of the fully inline process is the possibility of complete traceability.
- Consists of RapidRigor in combination with Maturation Chill
- A Maturation Chill installation consists of a Sigma T90 overhead conveyor system, evaporator/fan assemblies, moisturizing cabinets and system controls
- Suitable for all usual broiler live weights
- Suitable for all production capacities up to today’s highest line speeds
- Full traceability
- Products suspended in-line at all times by both legs
- Prevents product deformation, increasing cutting accuracy and optimizing yields
- Saves space and labor when compared to offline maturation
- Works effectively on both electrically and CAS stunned products
For more information, contact your local marel representative today