Pluckers (Pickers) / Finishers
- Extraordinary plucking performance at highest line speeds
- Specialized in removing feathers from critical parts
- Highest standards in technological development
- Reliable hi-tech mechanisms guaranteeing nonstop operation
- Hygienically optimal layout – easily cleanable plucker banks
A plucker/finisher performs its task subsequently to the attack plucker(s) in higher capacity processing lines.
Pluckers/finishers are specialized in removing remaining feathers from specific critical parts of the bird, like the wings or the tail. This focus on particular parts can vary per market. Pluckers/finishers are able to accurately target at any area to accomplish a perfect defeathering.
Therefore finishers feature more plucking discs with less fingers per disc. The compact plucking fields closely follow the contours of the product from hocks to wing tips, allowing all areas to be plucked effectively at very high line speeds.
Technologically positioned to meet the biggest challenges, these machines take care of a fluid process flow without any interruptions.
The pluckers/finishers are extremely user-friendly: adjustments in height, width and rotation are easy. Hygiene is an important factor during plucking; therefore the machines are easily accessible for cleaning purposes.
- User-friendly A-frame design for stability and accessibility
- Two tilting cabinets or individual banks and flat discs with 8 plucking fingers
- Machine closed at top to prevent feathers from escaping
- Integral guides to keep birds firmly in shackle during plucking
- Integral feather deflectors
- Double non-slip hexagonal V-belt drive mechanism with calibrated tensioner
- Ventilated motors and discs
- Triple seal plucker/picker disc bearing housings to prevent feather and water ingress
- Long-life maintenance free bearings
- Controlled temperature and air flow though the cabinets
For more information, contact your local marel representative today