Scalding is the first step in the process of feather removal. Birds are immersed into powerfully agitated hot water, which transfers heat to the feather follicles, allowing feathers to be removed mechanically by the pluckers in the next step in the process.
Optimum heat transfer and precise temperature control are two vital characteristics of a first-class scalding system. Optimum heat transfer ensures that scalding is done efficiently. Precise temperature control is important for any scalding process, whether birds are to be soft, medium or hard scalded.
The scalding process will largely determine the appearance, color and visual quality of the end product.
- Air agitation for optimum heat transfer
- Precise temperature control
- Multi-tank counter-flow principle
- Clever design means fewer cubic meters of water per bird
- Less dirty water, lower treatment costs
- Precise water level control system
For more information, contact your local marel representative today