Marel Poultry multiphase controlled atmosphere stunning (CAS) technology is the result of comprehensive research carried out over decades. The first system was commissioned in 1996. Since then the CAS system, which fully meets all current legislation, has been installed throughout the European Union and in markets further afield such as the USA and Australia.
The well-proven Multiphase CAS concept has been optimized by arranging the system into a single straight horizontal line. This smooth flow virtually enables an even more controlled atmosphere during the process of stunning, ensuring the best possible end product quality.
The fully automatic stunning system programmed from a touch screen adjacent to the system. Changing from one regime to another is quick and easy. Exact concentrations around the head of each broiler are continuously monitored and displayed.
The system follows a Stork GP or an ATLAS live bird handling system. Broilers on the belt or in their SmartStack trays are transferred smoothly to the CAS SmoothFlow system. These straight movements without sudden transitions makes for one of the most humane processes in the industry.
- Multiphase stunning regime
- Smooth induction and transition to the completing mixture
- Atmosphere in each section can be set and tightly controlled
- Straight-line process with no transitions or changes in direction
- Enhanced animal welfare and product quality
- Suitable for a wide range of breeds and weights
- Fully automatic operation with recipes entered by touch screen
- Quick and easy change-over from one recipe to another
- Modular system for all capacities
- Carrousel and straight-line hanging options
- Simple robust construction
- Low running costs
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Meets all current legislation
For more information, contact your local marel representative today