QX Fresh System
- Excellent product quality and consistency in appearance, dimensions and weight control
- Reduction of human contact with the sausage product
- Elimination of "giveaway" and "underweight"
- Shorter process cycles
- Reduced waste and requirement for re-working
- Cost savings
The QX Fresh System is a complete system for the production of fresh sausage using co-extrusion. With the option of different casings, QX Fresh System offers you superior quality, optimum food safety and very low production costs.
The QX Fresh Systems makes the casing as the sausage is produced by extrusion of a continuous flow of meat batter and a layer of collagen. Material flows continuously and simultaneously through two pumps – one for the meat dough, the other for gel. With great precision the crimper wheel turns the endless rope of sausage into individual products with pleasantly rounded ends, ready for packing. Without the “stop-go” processing of conventional systems, QX creates superior quality in the final sausage product.
Material is driven through the system steadily, continuously and precisely so weight and dimension control are exact and the final sausage product is uniform in appearance and overall quality.
“Design” the casing bite by varying casing thickness and by adjusting the cooking cycle. You can make the bite softer to resemble a cellulose product, or with a “snap” that imitates natural casings.
QX sausages expand and contract during the consumer’s cooking process, they resist splitting or bursting when grilling, frying or microwaving. QX sausages also resist charring when used on a roller grill. QX sausages remain plump, juicy and – most importantly – delicious.
- Two separate pumps for meat mix and gel
- Crimper wheel portions endless sausage into individual sausages
- Consistent product, uniform in appearance and quality
- Top quality
- No product loss
- Casing from alginate, collagen or a hybrid and variable thickness
For more information, contact your local marel representative today