Dry coating or breading is about the uniform distribution of crumb over all sides of the product while retaining the structure of the crumb. Grinding nor separation processes are necessary. Breaded products look attractive with either a coarse or fine layer of crumb. In addition, that crunchy layer will contribute to the tastiness and structure of your products.
The BreadingApplicator is suitable for a wide range of portioned and bone-in products. After breading, products will have a layer of crumb on all sides.
Besides formed products such as croquettes the BreadingApplicator will also handle whole muscle products such as fillets.
Capacity depends on the belt width chosen. Breading machine belt conveyors are available in three different widths.
A revolutionary transport mechanism lies at the heart of RotoCrumb. Products are placed onto the belt conveyor, which is covered in crumb to allow their undersides to be breaded. Thanks to the machine’s new design it is possible to control the composition of crumb on the underbed to give uniform cover on both the top and undersides of the products. The topside of the product is crumbed, as it passes the supply hopper-top bed.
This technique is combined with a comprehensive dosing system which ensures that only a minimum volume of crumb is in circulation at any one time. This allows standard crumb, mixtures of crumb and delicate, ‘difficult’ ingredients such as Japanese crumb to be handled.
Crumb applied in this way is then “pressed” or “vibrated” to give the best possible adhesion and pick-up. The result is product of a consistent quality.
- Suitable for many different products
- Ensures excellent crumb distribution
- Rotocrumb removes excess crumb to give an optimal product
- Rotocrumb: Revolutionary method of transport and a sophisticated dosing system
- Rotocrumb: Rotating drum spreads crumb over total width of hopper and prevents separation
- RotoCrumb PLC controlled and operated by touch screen
- Crumb is "pressed" or "vibrated" to give best possible adhesion and pick-up
- Reuse of excess crumb
- Easy to operate and clean
- Easy to install in a production line
For more information, contact your local marel representative today