- Simple, top-quality waxing, resulting in perfect breast skin presentation
- Effective and fully closed process
- Easy repeatable, if necessary
- Compact and efficient wax flow, with high recyclability
- Hygienically optimal layout – easily cleanable disc banks
Perfect duck skin presentation is essential. Feathers should be completely removed without damaging skin. Marel Poultry completely masters the process of waxing and offers compact, fully enclosed, inline waxing systems, including efficient wax recycling, for all capacities.
When plucking water fowl, waxing and peeling are required to remove small feathers and stubble, mainly pin feathers in the groins and on the neck skin.
The products, hanging in the overhead conveyor, are immersed in a bath filled with steam controlled paraffin wax. Subsequently follows an immersion in the wax cooling tank, filled with cold water. The wax solidifies, after which it is ready to be removed automatically in the wax peeler, together with the attached remaining small feathers and stubble. If needed the waxing process can be repeated multiple times.
The wax peeler is very similar to a plucking/finishing device. The Marel Poultry Wax Peeler is able to accurately target at any area to accomplish a perfect wax peeling.
Conveyors return the removed plucking wax to the wax melting tank (WMT). The paraffin is melted so that feathers and other contaminations detach themselves.
Via the filter tank and an overflow the melted plucking wax flows into the wax conditioning tank (WCT). Now the dirt can be collected and disposed of. The clean wax overflows into the immersion tank (DIT) where it is used once again.
- White paraffin plucking wax, reusable after solidifying, filtering and melting again
- Wax immersion tank with indirect steam heating and overflow safety.
- Optional head guide to keep heads above wax bath
- Wax cooling tank with water level and temperature control.
- Wax peeler containing 4 or 6 plucker banks with each 8 or 10 rotating finger-discs
- Compact plucking fields, closely following the contours of the product
- Optimal access for cleaning, maintenance and visual checking during production
- Disc bank can be rolled out sideways to give access for cleaning and maintenance
- Feather guards keep overhead conveyor and surrounding area clean
- Improved hygiene
For more information, contact your local marel representative today