Experts know that the secret to a “crispy bite” lies in a good flour pre-dusting. Applying a fine coating of flour to products with a smooth surface creates a good adhesive layer that better absorbs batter and other coatings. The final result is an attractive, crunchy product. That may sound simple, but working with the fine particles of flour is a science of its own.
Pre-dust coating can be done with Marel’s FlourApplicator. This machine finds its particular application in the convenience food and snack industry.
The FlourApplicator features a powerful, closed-system blower to remove excess flour. At the exit dust is blown back into the machine to keep the production environment cleaner.
The dust collection system creates a vacuum inside the machine and collects and filters as much flour and dust as possible in a separate cabinet. The flour settles down and can be recycled in the machine. This keeps extra dust off the work floor to help you maintain a cleaner environment.
Capacity depends on the belt width chosen. Belt conveyors are available in three different widths: 400, 630 and 1000 mm.
- Belt can operate at different speeds
- Flour is brought to a distribution plate with a vibrating sieve
- Amount of flour can be exactly regulated for each different product
- Equipped with a dust collection vacuum system
- Keeping the environment dust free
- Easy to clean
- Easy to install in a wide range of production lines
For more information, contact your local marel representative today