Marel supplies an appropriate machine or combination of machines for flouring, battering and coating with breadcrumbs for practically all purposes. Wetting the products often forms the basis for an excellent coating. Milkwash or tempura can be applied to natural or formed products.
Correct mixing starts with the BatterMixer. After preparing a liquid mixture out of powder and water, the BatterMixer feeds this to a batter or tempura machine. The mixer is supplied for normally pumpable mixtures to be used with the BatterApplicator or TempuraApplicator. A pressure pump can be used for heavier liquid mixtures such as tempura.
Cutlets, fillets, chops, burgers, chicken fingers, but also bone-in products like drumsticks; the range of natural and formed products that can be wetted with batter by the BatterApplicator is very broad.
The bottom side of the product moves through a batter solution. At the same time batter curtains moisten the sides and top of the product. To get an optimal end product, excess batter is removed immediately and reused.
Tempura is a highly viscous batter. This batter can consist of ice water, flour, salt and egg, into which meat is dipped. During deep-frying, the tempura forms a crunchy crust around the product. The TempuraApplicator is suitable for a wide variety of products such as nuggets or tenderloins.
A belt conveyor transports the product through the batter while an upper belt immerses it. A cooling unit keeps the tempura at a constant temperature. Viscosity remains constant and product receives a uniform layer of tempura.
- Homogeneous mixture produced by BatterMixer
- Applicator recharged automatically
- Hygienic batter processing
- Labor saving
- Suited to a wide range of products and batters
- Excellent batter and tempura distribution
- Removes excess batter and tempura for an optimal end product
- Reuse of excess batter and tempura
- Keeps tempura at a constant temperature
- High yield
- Easy to operate and clean
- Installed on wheels and height-adjustable
- Made of stainless steel and synthetic food grade materials
For more information, contact your local marel representative today