QX Link Sausage System
- Completely automated high capacity production
- Cost savings (mainly labor and casing costs)
- Attractive product characteristics
- Unequalled high level of food safety
- Very consistent product quality
Co-extrusion technology sausage production is a fully automatic system. A dosing pump extrudes a continuous flow of meat mix and a thin layer of casing gel is extruded (co-extrusion). Contact with a brine causes the gel to start turning into a casing. Sausages are cut into specified lengths, pre-dried (and heated), liquid smoke applied and dried once more. They are loaded into their final packaging, sterilized or pasteurized and get their definite structure.
The QX Link Sausage System can produce all cooked-smoked sausages currently on the market, such as hot dogs and frankfurters.
Firstly, a dosing pump extrudes a continuous flow of meat mix. When the sausage is formed, a thin layer of casing gel is extruded (co-extrusion) and spun onto the sausage meat by a rotating nozzle. An ‘endless rope of sausage’ is produced. Contact with a brine solution causes the gel to start turning into a casing. After brining, sausages are cut into specified lengths by the crimper wheel, pre-dried (and heated) and liquid smoke applied. This adds color and taste and helps the sausage acquire its strength. The products are dried once more. Sausages are then ready for packing. They can be loaded automatically by a loader or robot into their final packaging (such as a thermo former that seals the pack), thus maximizing food safety.
‘COOK IN THE PACK’
The last stage in co-extrusion sausage production is cooking the product in its packaging. Sausages are sterilized or pasteurized (depending on the pack) and get their definite structure. The sausage is now ready to eat. The ‘cook in the pack’ principle is a key factor for product quality and food safety.
- Can produce all cooked-smoked sausages currently on the market, such as hot dogs and frankfurters
- Very constant process conditions
- ‘Cook in the pack’ ensures product quality and food safety
- Moving to a different caliber or sausage length is easy
- Modular in set up and eminently suitable for high volume production
For more information, contact your local marel representative today