For a good scalding result, it is vital that the carcass is well washed before scalding. The Marel Red Meat Slaughtering carcass washing and polishing machines have the additional advantage that the scalding water remains cleaner and that less blood remains in the animal.
Scalding is a necessary pre-treatment for a proper dehairing of pigs. Marel Red Meat Slaughtering offers the following systems:
- Condensation Scalding System
- Spray Water scalding System
- Immersion Scalding System
- Compartment Scalding System
The best dehairing results are achieved in combination with a proper scalding process and are determined by factors such as the desired scalding time, temperature of the scalding water, breed of pig and seasonal influences.
Marel Red Meat Slaughtering supplies various dehairing systems for different capacities:
- Tarzan continuous dehairing system with the U-bar concept for 160–1,400 pigs per hour
- Hercules discontinuous dehairing system according to the compartments concept for 120–250 pigs per hour
- Goliath discontinuous dehairing system according to the compartments concept for 40–120 pigs per hour
Carcass washing and polishing
The slaughter line can be equipped with different types of pre-dryers, flaming furnaces and washing and polishing machines to clean and disinfect the carcass as effectively as possible. These machines minimize the bacterial growth and contribute to a hygienic process environment:
Flaming furnaces and decontamination furnaces:
To burn loose hairs, the remaining hairs and bristles, and to disinfect the pigs, Marel Red Meat Slaughtering offers a complete range of flaming and decontamination furnaces.
Carcass washing and polishing machines:
For the washing and polishing of carcasses, Marel Red Meat Slaughtering offers a range of whip and brush cleaning machines. Depending on the capacity, the type of dressing hook, the species and the position in the machine line conveyor, the model with whip rolls in either vertical or horizontal direction is selected.