The first step in the defeathering process is of major importance. Immediately after the scalding process, the broilers are at the right temperature to be plucked. In this stage, they have to be ‘attacked’ properly according to the demands of the customer: leaving epidermis on or off.
Attack Pluckers form the basis of any plucking system. They can do the tough initial labor as the first plucker in line, removing as many feathers as possible. They can also operate stand-alone in low-capacity lines.
In case of heavier birds (3 kg+), it is preferable to arrange two Attack Pluckers one after another. In higher capacity lines, two or three Attack Pluckers can accomplish the task together.
Technologically positioned to meet the biggest challenges, these machines take care of a fluid process flow without any interruptions.
The Attack Pluckers are extremely user-friendly: adjustments in height, width and rotation are easy. Hygiene is an important factor during plucking, therefore the machines are easily accessible for cleaning purposes.
- User-friendly A-frame design for stability and accessibility
- Machine closed at top to prevent feathers escaping
- Integral guides to keep birds firmly in shackle during plucking
- Integral feather deflectors
- Double non-slip V-belt drive mechanism with calibrated tensioner
- Ventilated motors and discs
- Triple seal plucker disc bearing housings to prevent feather and water ingress
- Long-life maintenance free bearings
- Controlled temperature and air flow though the cabinets