Q-Wing consists of the IRIS vision grading system, the Innova Wing Distribution Module, a specific layout of ACM-NT cutting modules and conveyor belts. The IRIS cameras do the same as elsewhere in the plant: detecting fractures, torn skin, bruises and blood spots. What is different is the focus on specific wing part defects.
The Q-Wing solution assesses and distributes each individual drumette or wingette of each right and left wing in an ACM-NT cut-up line. If IRIS has detected a defect in a second joint, this part is cut selectively in the Wing Joint Cutting module and ends up in the ‘B’ grade product stream. ‘A’ grade second joints end up in a separate product stream, to be processed downstream or packed. Such an accurate sorting procedure reduces considerably the number of products to be trimmed.
“Q-Wing not only saves labor but also removes the subjective human element from the grading process.”
Usually, the volumes processed by Q-Wing could require many people. Q-Wing, however, does away with the need for manual quality grading. It can save the operators who are currently assessing, sorting and reworking wings.
Q-Wing not only saves labor but also removes the subjective human element from the grading process. It makes reliable objective decisions in all situations, based on a limited amount of red pixels, for example. Human assessment can leave room for doubt, often leading to manual rework.
Q-Wing automation makes wing processing much easier. Product flows are consistently smooth and reliable, supported by sophisticated logistics. Now that a consistent top quality is guaranteed, the value of wing parts is maximized.
- Automated wing part assessment and distribution
- Reliable process, without human bias or fatigue
- Clear product streams of ‘A’ grade and ‘B’ grade products
- Consistent quality of wing products
- Wing parts with bruises can be upgraded by sending them for marination
- Ingenious logistic solutions
- Able to handle 60,000 wing parts per hour [1,000 ppm]
- An existing IRIS system in the cut-up or distribution line can also be used for Q-Wing