Skinned feet are conveyed by a screw conveyor to the end of the feet chiller. The feet are chilled by keeping them in cold water for several minutes. This reduces the temperature of the feet to ± 10°C. At the end of the unit feet are discharged by the ejector on the screw conveyor.
An overflow keeps the water at the correct level. Excess water is discharged via a drain.
- Effective chilling of broiler or duck feet
- Possibility of using ice water and/or adding flake ice.
- Non-corrosive materials (mainly stainless steel)
- Connections for blower to agitate the chill water and a drain
- Overflow on the infeed side