Processing plants unmistakably call for higher capacities. Marel Poultry has responded to this market demand by developing an integrated system to handle a line speed of 15,000 bph. Marel Poultry achieves unrivaled reliability at this all-time high speed.
All systems are set for a processing speed of 15,000 bph. The process starts with live bird handling by ATLAS and stunning by CAS SmoothFlow. Killing, scalding, and plucking equipment is brought up to speed, while all existing systems in the evisceration area, such as VC20 and Nuova 24, have been designed to handle the 15,000 bph pace comfortably. As for the chilling tunnel, now running at exactly the same speed as the rest of the line, it is easy to upgrade the overhead conveyor line. Up to the distribution line, every process step solidly handles this all-time high speed. The same goes for weighing and grading systems, such as IRIS and SmartWeigher–the world’s fastest inline weigher.
The ATC tension control system keeps the powerful forces of the lines under control, while they move at an incredible speed.
The LineLink DE and LineLink EC transfer units seamlessly hand over products from one shackle type to another on their way through the processing stages. Not only each product, but all information collected on it is transferred too, adding to the traceability of individual products.
Innova software runs in the background to supervise all fast processes plant-wide and indicate ways to improve. At the same time, Innova ensures full traceability right from the start of the 15,000 bph line all the way to the end product.
An all-time high processing speed is not a goal in itself. The fast operational pace of Marel Poultry’s 15,000 bph lines, however, brings about a significant increase in performance and yield. Sustainability benefits too, since the existing infrastructure with only a slight modification of machinery can be used for a considerable production growth. Achieving lowest production costs, it is of utmost importance that highest quality and efficiency remain uncompromised.
- 15,000 bph processing from live bird handling up to distribution
- Existing equipment brought up to speed
- Infrastructure only needs a slight modification
- Followed by two or three cut-up and deboning lines
- LineLink transfer systems join lines with no speed difference
- LineLink transfers data with the individual product and ensures traceability
- ATC controls synchronization of line forces
- Innova PDS allows for real-time monitoring from a central point
- Plant-wide Innova system for continuous performance monitoring and traceability
- Lowest CO2 footprint per broiler