A well-executed and humane supply of live turkeys significantly contributes to the overall efficiency of any turkey processing plant. The modular GP live bird handling system ensures high animal welfare and great effectiveness while loading and transporting turkeys from the farm to the processing plant.
Heart of the system is the GP container, with a design that is perfect for the welfare of the turkey and good for the ergonomics of the loader.
The container is durable and easy to clean, a necessity for long problem free logistics and the prevention of contamination.
The automatic container unloading installation removes the turkeys from the containers and puts them smoothly on the conveyor belt in a constant flow.
When it comes to hygiene, durability and capacity, the Marel in-plant logistics respond to the most stringent requirements. Thanks to its modular set-up, the system can be configured according to individual demands, with regard to capacity and level of automation. No matter what configuration is chosen, higher product quality, reduced manual labor and improved ergonomics always benefit.
The risk of cross-contamination is reduced to an absolute minimum, as various advanced cleaning and disinfection options are available.
The GP live bird supply system is the perfect solution for efficient and safe container transport of live turkeys from grower to the processing plant.
- Minimized risk of damage during catching and loading
- Optimum access to containers for improved working conditions
- Suited for the highest capacities
- Optimum efficiency
- Labor saving (compared to manual supply)
- Air-Flo sliding floors ensures optimum ventilation
- Automatic, controlled unloading of turkeys from containers in a constant flow
- All levels of automation available
- Including automatic destacking
- Hygiene secured thanks to full automatic washing and cleaning
- Complete automatic disinfection, minimizing bacteriological contamination