Marel Food Logistic Systems designs, manufactures and installs order picking solutions. This is based on the requirements of the end user and relevant data such as order information, contract information and production details.
Organized and efficient order picking is a main reason for many companies to invest in an intra-logistics system. Efficient, accurate and possibly automated order picking is the most determining factor for the return on investment of a project.
Marel Food Logistic Systems distinguishes two principles for order picking, which comprise all possible solutions:
Picking orders from an automated rack in which the order picker goes along the Flow Racks to pick customer orders.
For the Man-to-Goods order picking, Marel Food Logistic Systems has developed advanced products such as Handheld terminal control, Pick-to-Light control and the Weigh-Pick Terminal on rails.
- ABC product classification ensures a limited distance to goods
- limited size of the Flow Racks thanks to dynamic packing
- ideal for goods with sensitive packaging
extensive control possibilities
Picking orders from an automated rack in which the material is supplied to the order picker and the products are distributed to customer locations. The excess material supplied will return to the warehouse.
There are several options for the control and recording of the order processing for the Goods-to-Man station, such as picking based on weight, distribution to the customer locations with Put-to-Light, and printing labels for the customer delivery box or crate.
- no physical limitation in the number of items
- the entire customer order can be handled at a single order picking station
- warehouse load is restrained by the simultaneous handling of multiple customers