Better utilization of raw material
The plucking action determines the extent to which the epidermis remains attached to the carcass. This is especially important if whole birds or portions are to be sold fresh and skin-on.
Enhanced product quality
Marel Pluckers/Finishers follow one or more attack pluckers in higher capacity lines. A Plucker/Finisher is specialized in removing feathers from particular critical parts of the bird, such as wings and tail.
Hygienically optimal layout
Pluckers/Finishers are extremely user-friendly, with the ability to simply adjust height, width and rotation. Hygiene is an integral part of the process, so all machines are easily accessible for cleaning purposes.
Unbeatable performance at highest line speeds
Pluckers/Finishers feature more plucking discs than regular pluckers, with fewer fingers per disc. The compact plucking fields closely follow the contours of the product—from hocks to wing tips—allowing all areas to be plucked effectively, even at incredibly high line speeds.
- User-friendly A-frame design for stability and accessibility
- Two tilting cabinets or individual banks and flat discs with eight plucking fingers
- Machine closed at top to prevent feathers from escaping
- Integral guides to keep birds firmly in shackle during plucking
- Integral feather deflectors
- Double non-slip hexagonal V-belt drive mechanism with calibrated tensioner
- Ventilated motors and discs
- Triple seal plucker/picker disc bearing housings to prevent feather and water ingress
- Long-life, maintenance-free bearings
- Controlled temperature and air flow through the cabinets