As the only global supplier, Marel offers a complete range of electrical and CO2 stunning equipment for the animal-friendly stunning of pigs and sows for capacities from 40 to 1,400 pigs per hour.
The stunning system to be used depends on the capacity and the type of animal:
- manual stunning system with a stun rod
- a stunning cage equipped with a semi-automatic three-point stunning system
- Midas electric stunning system with three electrodes and a supporting restrainer belt
Bleeding and blood collection
Bleeding of the pigs must be performed as quickly as possible after stunning.
- Horizontal bleeding: The pig is transported along the pig-sticker in a lying position on a slatted table, which enables efficient sticking. This prevents damage to the hams and reduces bleedings.
- Hanging bleeding whereby the animal can bleed freely.
- In addition, Marel Red Meat Slaughtering can supply Anitec blood separation and processing systems for the further processing. This includes hollow knife blood collection systems and the corresponding identification and processing systems.