The MAJA SRAplus 500 is designed for fully automatic membrane skinning of round cuts from pork, such as ham muscles, as well as from beef and veal with a maximum diameter of 90 mm (3.5''). Optimizing standard skinning processes helps to lower staff costs and increase productivity. The patented MAJA technology offers a constant skinning rhythm, high skinning quality and increased product throughput.
For example, about 3,000 kg (6,600 lbs) of pork knuckle can be skinned with excellent results, so that the follow-up quality control is minimal (such as with the manual membrane skinner MAJA EVM 5004).
Fully automatic skinning process
- The round-shaped cuts reach the skinning process on a synchronized conveyor belt system.
- To remove the skin from all sides, the cuts are automatically turned.
- The duration of the skinning process can be programmed individually, depending on the material consistency.
- After skinning, the cuts are pushed toward the discharge conveyor belt.
- The removed skin leaves the machine by a lateral discharge belt.
Advantages of full membrane skinning automation
- Operator-independent yield maximization, even with untrained staff
- Individually adjustable duration of skinning cycles
- Reduced labor costs
- Considerable increase of throughput compared to manual skinning
- Individual line configuration and integration in processing lines
- Continuous transport roller cleaning with compressed air to keep the roller free from residual meat particles and membranes
- Economic air consumption and low noise level
- Air filter system included
- Easy and safe handling of the knife without needing to remove the knife holder for cleaning
- Easy, fast and tool-free knife changes by quick-locking device
- Cleaning-friendly, sanitary machine design for optimum hygiene
- Easy assembly and removal of all parts to be cleaned–saves time while ensuring thorough cleaning and high operational safety
- Smooth surfaces, easy to clean and with no screws in the food area
- Machine design without ground plate avoiding dirt accumulation at the base of the machine
- High standard of safety in accordance with current EU regulations EN 12355 for skinners