Increased levels of animal welfare
In the supply chain, handling remains humane at all times. During transport and in the plant, the birds are placed in spacious trays. The advanced SmartStack module — consisting of a revolutionary loadable pallet with a variable number of trays — gives high attention to animal welfare, while also boosting efficiency. Flip-over side panels give all-round access to remove birds in distress, while the pallet doubles as an additional tray.
Due to the ingenious design of this module, loading capacity increases dramatically (up to 38%), while bird headroom extends to an industry-leading height. This means fewer truck movements will be required, subsequently leading to dramatically reduced levels of carbon dioxide being emitted.
The ATLAS system runs with the latest Marel user interface, and connects with Marel’s Innova Food Processing Software. This is the starting point for a plant-wide tracking and tracing system.
- Innovative modular module for transport flexibility
- The frameless SmartStack module consists of a pallet and a variable number of self-nesting trays
- Flip-over side panels give all-round access to remove birds in distress
- Pallet doubles as an additional tray
- Venturi principle Airflo floor - optimum ventilation during transport in all climate zones
- Large opening and clear tray floor speeds up automatic loading
- DOAs can be spotted and removed at the start of the process
- New design modular washer gets trays and pallets thoroughly clean
- Automatic system control and tracking options by advanced easy-to-use software