General news

Marel Stork Poultry Processing Winner of Health Award 2013!

07 Oct 2013

During a spectacular event at the head office of the main sponsor Interpolis on 3 October Marel Stork Poultry Processing in the Netherlands was pronounced the winner of the Health Award 2013. The award and silver coin were presented to Friso Luimes, HR Manager, for the program ‘Healthy Together’. According to the jury Marel Stork Poultry Processing implements the health theme efficiently and effectively in order to realize its organizational targets.

Marel Stork is awarded with the Health Award 2013

In his presentation and speech of gratitude Friso emphasized that ‘Healthy Together’ was not a bottom-down program, yet had come from employees on the shop floor who propagated the program within the organization. On Thursday afternoon Friso was accompanied by 16 colleagues who used every opportunity at the event to emphasize the various aspects of the ‘Healthy Together’ program.

Health management

52 companies in total had applied for the specially developed QuickScan, which investigated the effectiveness of a company’s health management. An independent jury nominated four companies and Marel Stork Poultry Processing was one of them.

Prior to 3 October the jury had visited all four nominated companies. When they visited Marel Stork Poultry Processing in Boxmeer they were impressed by all the activities within the ‘Healthy Together’ program. Based on further research and the company visit the jury had a 60% vote to determine the winner. The remaining 40% of the vote came from the audience attending the election on Thursday. Both the jury and the audience were convinced that Marel Stork Poultry Processing was the ultimate winner.


According to the jury Marel Stork Poultry Processing clearly shows that their health policy is embedded in the strategy of the organization and embraced by its employees. The basic principle is the health and wellbeing of the employees in relation to the organizational targets. All employees have been involved in the company’s policy. When you look at the reliable results that have been reached, Marel Stork Poultry Processing can justly claim to be the winner of the Health Award 2013.