The SpeedSort system makes it possible to remove trim rejects or sort products, as an integral part of a processing line.
The ultra-fast, rapid-response retraction conveyor opens and closes so quickly that it can even remove trim from both front and back ends of a single product.
Full integration with other Marel equipment
The SpeedSort conveyor is ideal as an integral part of many processing lines supplied by Marel. For example, SpeedSort retraction conveyors can be placed after an I-Cut PortionCutter to deal with the trim rejects, or after a SensorX bone detection system for removing any chicken fillets registered as containing bone fragments.
- Extremely fast production sorting or trim removal (Belt speed up to 30 m/min / 100 products/min)
- Less manpower needed
- Easy to clean and keep clean, as a result of easy access
- Quick release on infeed conveyor
- Modular belt on outfeed conveyor
How it works
The SpeedSort receives the product and the off cut with a small separation. When the off cut is at the end of the first conveyor, the belt will move backwards and the off cut will fall down. As soon as the off cut has started to fall the conveyor will move forwards again and secure that the main portion will continue onto the receiving conveyor.
The Dual-Lane SpeedSort is automatically equipped with:
- 2 x Infeed/retraction conveyor and one servo motor
- 2 x air-cylinder for the retraction movement
- 2 x receiving/take-away conveyor - modular belt and one servo motor
- 1 x protection cover over the retraction conveyor
- 1 x belt scraper and water spray on In-feed/Retraction conveyor
- 1 x connection box (air, water and power)
- 1 x emergency stop
|Belt width:||2 x 200 mm|
|Footprint:||(L) 1000 mm x (W) 744 mm|
|Belt height:||884 mm (adjustable -60/+100)|
|Optionally the SpeedSort can be supplied with a frame/box stand.|
For more information, contact your local marel representative today