The Marel FATscan helps you to save on costs and time, provides full supplier control and ensures a higher product quality. Its effective analysis of the fat/lean (CL) ratio reduces lean giveaway by better use of raw materials, resulting in a higher profit.
The product quality is optimized and the number of customer complaints drops thanks to the 100% batch control. The meat analysis unit is manufactured to perform extremely accurate measurements of the fat percentage of both fresh and frozen meat. Measurements can be performed at meat temperature between -20 to 35°C. The unit can be used with beef, pork, lamb and poultry.
The FATscan applies a unique interactance spectroscopy technology, which measures VIS-Near Infrared light that has penetrated deep into the meat before it is analysed. This feature allows both fresh and frozen food products to be analysed at very high accuracies and capacities. The light source is a Halogen lamp.
As the full width of the belt is scanned, and combined with the information from the integrated weigh cell, real-time measurement of the entire product is possible.
The Marel FATscan makes a continuous measurement of the meat as it comes out of the grinder, before going into the mixer, thus saving precious time on laboratory tests and ensuring correct batch values.
- Supplier control: Monitor and rate your suppliers on the fat/lean ratio requirements.
- Higher profit: Optimized utilization of raw materials
- Cost saving: Reduced labor requirements and rework
- High value for money-low cost of ownership
- 100% inspection: In-line full belt scan with 108 scans/sec.
- Standardisation and precision: Built-in scale
- Simple integration: Small footprint, adjustable belt height and angle